Monday, July 20, 2020

Welcome Christian Author Toni Shiloh Q & A




Her novel, Grace Restored, was a 2019 Holt Medallion finalist and Risking Love is a 2020 Selah Award finalist.

A member of the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and of the Virginia Chapter, Toni seeks to help readers find authors. She loves connecting with readers and authors alike via social media. You can learn more about her writing at http://tonishiloh.com.





Social media links 

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Instagram
Goodreads
BookBub:
My BookCave
Newsletter
Blogs I’m part of: www.inspyromance.com   http://diversitybetweenthepages.wordpress.com


                                                              Q & A


       Tell me about yourself. What got you started writing?

I’ve been married for fifteen years to my hubby and we have two awesome boys who keep me on my toes. I have always been an avid reader but the desire to write came later in life when I went back to college to earn a bachelor’s degree. After taking some creative writing classes, I really really wanted to write a romance book, so I prayed about it and here I am.

      How did you come up with your book idea? What inspired you?


The book covers were a huge part of my inspiration and were picked before I started writing. 😊

What was the most difficult part of writing this book? How did you overcome this difficulty?

I think the hard thing was balancing the relationship between Tori and Fox and her faith quest. Thankfully I had critique partners and beta readers to help me and offer feedback.

Who is your favorite character from the novel? What about them makes them your favorite?

Fox! If you’ve read the book, you’ll totally understand. He’s protective, loyal, and has a heart of gold!

       Do your characters (or message) ever seem to have a life of their own or agenda?

Oh most definitely! I’m a pantser so I don’t plot my novels so I have no idea where the story is going to go. It’s the fun thing about writing that way.

How has writing this book impacted you personally?

That’s such a good question. I think it showed me that I could go outside the box and enjoy a different writing style but still stay true to my author's voice. And it showed me how much I love to write. 😊

       How many books do you currently have published? What genres?

 I have 15 books published in the contemporary romance genre. They all fit under the Christian fiction genre.

       What is your favorite thing about writing? Your least favorite?

My favorite thing about writing is that very first draft, seeing that blank screen and filling it with a story that’s bursting to be written. My least favorite is editing, lol.

What authors in your genre inspire you most?

There are so many! I love Becky Wade, Sarah Monzon, Courtney Walsh, Bethany Turner, Melissa Tagg, and many more.

 What would you tell a beginning author who wants to publish but doesn’t believe he/she has enough talent?

Talent can be cultivated. Read books in the genre you want to write it. Read craft books and find which style works best for you. Go to writer's conferences, join writing organizations that offer classes, etc. Most importantly, write, write, and write some more. You’ll get better the more you write. The way I write today is nothing like my first book because I worked at my craft and have taken classes to enhance my skills.

My life has always been in the spotlight. Born to two famous parents and then quickly rising to "super" status in the modeling world ensured that I, Astoria "Tori" Bell, would always have my image plastered across newsstands. Unfortunately, adoring fans weren't always magnanimous and now I have a stalker on my hands.


Oddly enough, the tall, dark, and all-too handsome bodyguard hired to protect me seems more harmful than the threatening notes from the stalker. As well as his plan to flush out the danger by proposing a fake engagement.




The lines between pretend and reality blur and I have to shore up my resolves. Baggage from my past means I can't let myself be vulnerable. But the way Marcel Fox treats me has me thinking otherwise.

With a new rock on my finger and the man who put it there by my side, happily ever after seems like a possibility or is that as fake as my public persona?


The Truth About Fame is the second book in the Christian Chick Lit series: Faith & Fortune


Buy links –

Amazon
Shortlink

Goodreads 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on Bizwings Blog. Appreciate it.
Julie Grace